Ateliers Jean Nouvel presents Monad Terrace, the Pritzker Prize-winning architect’s only residential project in Florida.
Composed of fifty-nine individually designed waterfront residences arrayed around a glittering lagoon on Biscayne Bay, Monad Terrace provides brilliant light and expansive private outdoor space while being sheltered by climbing gardens that feature native Bougainvillea and Passion Vines. Nouvel artfully directs the play of daylight and water throughout the project.
The flourishing and special neighborhood of South Beach Bay, minutes from the organic beauty and cultural attractions of all of Miami Beach, but with a character all its own, provides a natural setting for the unique waterfront living to be found at Monad Terrace.
MONAD TERRACE CONDO AMENITIES
Jean Nouvel has designed around a point of view: from the moment you arrive:
- Sheltered porte-cochere drop-off
- Double-height lobby frames an unbroken vista
- High-clarity glass curtain walls
- Lush water garden and landscape, straight view out to Biscayne Bay.
- Overhead in the lobby, dramatically interlayered reflective panels capture daylight on the bounce—directed and diffused from the glittering surface of the lagoon beyond.
- Infinity edge detailing throughout the water garden bring the Bay, viewed in perspective, up close.
- Lush landscape from arrival to bay designed by Ateliers Jean Nouvel
- Central lagoon with sun decks, aquatic plants, and infinity edge pool
- Climbing gardens on North and South façades for privacy and shade
- Concierge; 24-hour lobby attendant
- Sun deck with 116-foot swimming pool and hot tub overlooking Biscayne Bay
- Pool service
- Full service valet parking
- Cafe and Juice Bar
- Residents’ lounge
- Bicycle and water sports storage
- Monad Terrace bicycles and paddle boards
- Access control
Nouvel’s mastery of the art and science of light comes to life in the innovative sawtooth façade, which brings the feeling of Biscayne Bay deep into the heart of the property, creating what Nouvel has dubbed “the reflection machine." Select Monad Terrace floor plans features a sawtooth profile—a kind of refined zig-zag—along the glass façades that face the water garden and lagoon so that one never loses view of the bay and sky, and yet privacy is assured. And in a beautiful side effect, at night the building glows like a paper lantern or a silver moon.
MONAD TERRACE RESIDENCE AMENITIES
Monad Terrace’s unique honeycomb sawtooth façade captures, diffuses, and reflects incoming light, simultaneously framing views and providing privacy. Transparency and translucency are achieved by a bespoke engineered screen system, built into the faceted glass walls of each residence. While the glass facing the bay is clear, the glass facing adjacent residences features a distinctive aluminum hexagrid screen embedded within the glazing itself. Viewed from an oblique angle, the screen becomes opaque. When viewed head on, these same screens become transparent—adding sparkle and luminosity to every interior space. Throughout the floor plan, the angle of each facet is unique—precisely calibrated to the lines of sight from within each residence, to the waterfront and beyond, as well as sheltering residences from adjacent sightlines.
By elevating the building 11.5 feet, Monad Terrace will be the first structure in Miami Beach to be built above updated flood and sea level elevations, and the first to be constructed above West Avenue’s new height.
Please see below the prices for the available units for sale at Monad Terrace, available units for rent at Monad Terrace, unit prices, floor plans, sold units at Monad Terrace to give you a true idea of how much the luxury apartments at Monad Terrace are worth.
For more information about this and other condos located in Miami Beach South Beach, please contact us.