The City of Doral has a population of over 53,000. This population has grown 77% in the last eight years. That’s no surprise, when you consider Doral’s ideal location just West of the Miami International Airport. The City of Doral is a unique community where people of all ages and cultures come together and enjoy so many of the things that make life beautiful.
In Doral there’s affordable housing that meets every lifestyle. Whether you’re looking for a nice apartment or townhome, a newer house, or a house in a private gated community, you’ll find it in Doral! Welcome Home!
Incorporated on June 24, 2003, in one of thirty-four municipalities in Miami-Dade County, Florida. Conveniently located just one mile from Miami International Airport and twelve miles from Downtown Miami. The City of Doral occupies a land area of 15 square miles bordered on the west by the Ronald Reagan Turnpike, to the north by the Town of Medley, to the east by the Palmetto Expressway and to the South by the City of Sweetwater.
Recognized as an epicenter of international trade and commerce, Doral is well known as an excellent place to do business. Part of what makes Doral such an ideal place for commerce is its location.
All public schools serving Doral are rated by the State of Florida as “A” schools for academic achievement. In addition to several public and private schools, Doral is also home to three institutions of higher education
– World-class parks and cultural activities
– 3.7% unemployment rate (June 2013)
– Doral Trump Golf Resort and Spa is home to the famous Blue Monster and PGA Tournament
– Over 50 Financial Institutions
– 23 Hotels averaging over 85% occupancy rate
– The Doral Business Council (DBC) has 400 member businesses representing 60 industries
– Over ten Colleges, Universities and Technical Schools. Over 10 artistic-expression schools and multiple public, charter and private schools all having a grade “A” status
– One of the first Building Departments in the region conducting electronic plan reviews. Pioneered Early Start Permitting Program and Fire/DERM concurrent plan reviews
– A board game, “DORALOPOLY,” was created by the S.E. FL Lions Club celebrating the City’s entrepreneurial spirit
– Home to 14 of Miami-Dade County’s over 30 business parks
– Census reports over 12,000 businesses-Doral Quick Facts US Census planned for the future
– 30 Chambers and Business organizations in Doral
Doral is just minutes away from Miami International Airport
Several major highways
The trolley is available to residents and visitors alike for a convenient FREE RIDE.
Six parks with an abundance of amenities for every age and lifestyle
Trump National Doral
Popular retail destinations like Dolphin Mall and International Mall
Top business development
Highly educated workforce
Leading pre-schools, numerous private elementary, middle and high school academies
An array of delectable restaurants. Doral boasts a very large Venezuelan, Colombian, Argentinian and Brazilian population, and those cultures are very well represented within the city. From Argentinian Steakhouses, to Venezuelan “Arepa” restaurants.
City of Doral, Florida. 8401 NW 53rd Terrace, Doral, FL 33166 Phone: 305-59 DORAL (305-593-6725).
City of Doral Police Department 6100 NW 99th Avenue, Doral, FL 33178.